Thursday, May 17, 2012

SHADES OF COLOR ACTIVITY

Teach your toddler about colors and the difference between shades of colors with this activity using paint chips from your local hardware store. 


Every time I go with my husband to Lowes or Home Depot I always think about grabbing some of the paint chip cards and use them to teach my son about colors.  So last time i did grab some and came up with some fun activities to use them with.  



Here is what you need:
*SHADES OF COLOR ACTIVITY GRID (I made mine using Excel and it came out perfect. I also laminated it for durability. Purchasing a laminator was the smartest purchase I made. I laminate so many things since kids tend to be really rough with things!)
*PAINT CHIP CARDS (I used the cards that had multiple shades on each)
*VELCRO DOTS (optional, but it makes it so much easier for the child)
*GLUE GUN

Once you make the grid, cut small squares of each color and shade out of the paint chips. You don't want them to be too small, but small enough to fit into each grid square.  I laminated the little squares but it's not mandatory.  Next i glue one half of the velcro dot set to the activity grid, one for each square.  Then i glued the other half to the color squares.  This was very easy to make and this is how it turned out.

My son is still a little young to do this activity but i'm glad that I have it made for when he's ready.  Right now he just likes putting the squares on and ripping them off the chart. 


No comments:

Post a Comment